That depends. I started working on one of them some time ago, but
stopped as I didn't have enough time. Basic use can added easily, but
just as with DatePicker, to make it really good it'll take some
effort. More specifically, you want your component to disclose all or
most of the flexibility of the javascript component, but you'll want
to implement that in such a way that it doesn't make the component
hard to use.

If someone would be willing to contribute an initial draft that is a
bit similar to DatePicker API-wise, I'd be happy to put it in
wicket-extensions.

Btw, I'd like to put the palette component in extensions too sometime.
Are people - besides the author - allready using it? Does it work
well?

Eelco