Well, that is what I've been doing. The problem is that the link looks
like this:

app?path=3&interface=IResourceListener

or something similar. This means that when the content type is known,
the browser can handle it, but otherwise the browser just presents
this file to the user called "app". If there was a way to have it be
"myFile.pdf", then there would be no confusion. Does that make sense?