Did you guys try using a CheckGroup/Check components?
You can create your own component that does what the CheckBoxMultipleChoice does and be completely in control of the markup. And there is a nifty CheckGroupSelector that generates a cheeckbox that toggles the whole group. There are examples in the component reference.

-Igor