Juergen Donnerstag wrote:
It is already in CVS HEAD, though not yet accesible through a URL. The
method to call RequestCycle.render(component). It is the first
implementation, so please bare with us if is not perfect yet. Hence,
we appreciate any feedback.

Yep, I have tried that, and I'm going to test it some more.

What do you think, would it be a good or bad thing to allow rendering of components which are not attached to a page? Currently RequestCycle.render(new Label("test","test)) crashes:

java.lang.NullPointerException
   at wicket.Component.findMarkupStream(Component.java:1824)
   at wicket.markup.html.WebComponent.onRender(WebComponent.java:77)
   at wicket.Component.render(Component.java:1253)
   at wicket.RequestCycle.request(RequestCycle.java:483)

--
Janne Hietamäki
Cemron Ltd