#: Igor Vaynberg changed the world a bit at a time by saying on  11/11/2005
3:16 AM :#
well it sounds resonable. but it also sounds like a lot of research and
learning, unfortunately i dont think i have time for all that. i barely have
enough time to work on wicket and wicket-spring integration stuff. so if
someone wants to pick this up they are more then welcome to :) the code is
all there in wicket-stuff/wicketeer project.

-Igor

Understandable. My schedule for this end of year is very tight, so I will most probably not be able to do it. However, if somebody is starting to work on it, probable I will be able to offer some hints.

Not planning to sound bad: but I was wondering if the effort is really worth it: 1 click instead of 3 (and maybe some less navigation).

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.

On 11/10/05, Alexandru Popescu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

#: Igor Vaynberg changed the world a bit at a time by saying on 11/11/2005
2:50 AM :#
> well
> what i would really like is this.
>
> whenever i click on a java file that extends from markupcontainer, i
would
> like the java editor to open. On the bottom i would like to have tabs,
one
> for each wicket resource
>
> So if i have
> MyPanel.java
> MyPanel.html
> MyPanel.properties
> and i double clik MyPanel.java, i would have three tabs on the bottom
for
> each one of those files, each tab would embed the proper eclipse editor.
>
> This would really boost productivity because you wouldnt have to go
looking
> for the templates and property files and switching is really easy. But i
> dont even know where to start looking to do something like this. The
> renaming stuff wasnt that difficult to find and seemed intuitive, but
> something like this might be over my head for the amount of time i have
> spend on it.
>
> -Igor

I see. I am not a Wicket user (or at least not yet - just been around to
figure out if the framework
is gonna help me).

I guess the editor you are speaking about is quite new. Why? Because
usually the multi-tab editors
are presenting the same information/file but in different formats, while
here you are speaking about
3 different sources. However it looks like the steps to be followed are
the following:
1/ look in the WTP to see how this multi-tab editors are done
2/ take the XHTML editor from there
3/ create a component/or whatever we call it that presents together the
Eclipse Java editor, an
XHTML editor and the Eclipse properties editor.

This definitely should work. My approach would be to look what interfaces
a source editor must
provide and than create a simple implementation based on pure SWT/JFace
with multiple tabs.

I remember a discussion on the Wicket ML where the markup (HTML file)
wasn't named exactly as the
Java source. I am not sure if this is supported or not. In case it is
supported, than the things may
become more complex, as you should go down to the Eclipse Java source
parser and extract the exact
piece of information to retrieve the HTML name.

what do you think about these? do they make any sense to you?

./alex
--

wrote:

>> #: Igor Vaynberg changed the world a bit at a time by saying on
11/11/2005
>> 12:44 AM :#
>> > unfortunately i havent seen any open source plugins that embed a java
>> editor
>> > inside a multitabbed editor yet, so its been hard to "get my
expiration"
>> :)
>> > unfortunately i just dont have the time to become an eclipse guru to
>> work on
>> > this. maybe you can help out.
>> >
>> > -Igor
>> >

>> Let me know what are your future thoughts on the plugin and I will
>> evaluate if I am really able to
>> provide help :-).
>>
>> ./alex
>> --
>> .w( the_mindstorm )p.
>>
>> ps: if you want to reach me offline pls use
>> the_mindstorm[at]evolva[dot]ro. thanks

>> 11/11/2005
As i