But you don't have the wicket servlet mapped to the images url, so it has no way to affect the images. Another thing that comes to my mind is that maybe you have a servlet filter that can cause this, but it doesn't seem probable to me. Could you send your web.xml?

-Matej

Dorel Vaida wrote:
Dorel Vaida wrote:

Matej Knopp wrote:

Hi. Wicket is hardly responsible for the headers, that come with your (static) images.

I thought a little and maybe, but just maybe, the images are not cached because of the way wicket forms the urls and everything ...

I'm sorry, I can't help you here, I've very little experience configuring apache, nor the connector - mod_jk2.

I understood that, thanks alot, I'll investigate, still, you've mentioned to try to "Adding LastModified header to images should help. " and I was asking where to do that, is that a server config ?

Good luck.

-Matej

Dorel Vaida wrote:

Matej Knopp wrote:

Hi.

What does wicket have with the image? It isn't served by wicket, is it?

Agree, unfortunately the only thing that changed from the other web applications deliverred by the same server and this one is ... the web framework used. It is wicket, instead of struts or anything else. So I thought I should ask to this list, maybe someone has an ideea.

Check your app server settings, it just seems that it's not sending right http headers with the image.

Hmm.. Now I see that the server is Apache with mod_jk2.
So check apache configuration.
Adding LastModified header to images should help.

Where to do that ?

-Matej

Dorel Vaida wrote:

Hi all, I've deployed my first application with wicket. However, I have a BIG annoying performance problem with it, and it is visible just in production. We have a pretty big picture on the top of the page, a 200k gif, which is LOADED again and again on every page, it's not cached. On every other sites we've developed, even the big pictures after they were loaded and cached first, they work fine, they are not downloaded every time.

In this case, it seems that all the pictures are downloaded every time.

The site in case is: http://www.ceramicamaria.ro/ just in case you want to check it live. As you will see, the experience is lousy as you need to wait tons of time for each page loading

Anybody has a clue why this is happening ? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated, I assure you.

Thanks.

http://www.eset.com

http://www.eset.com