On 11/22/05, Scott Sauyet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  >> == Scott Sauyet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>  > == Juergen Donnerstag <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> Thanks for the info, Juergen.
>
> >> So my first question is why don't I get an exception when there is a
> >> "wicket:id" attribute on the BODY tag and no corresponding Component on
> >> the Page?
>
> > It all has to do with <wicket:head> and panels being able to
> > contribute <body onLoad="xxx"> attributes to the page. In order to
> > support that feature, a webmarkupcontainer is automatically created
> > and associated with the body tag of the page (in case of an exception,
> > on the exception page you can see a _body component being a child of
> > the Page). That happens always because wicket does not know upfront if
> > there will be a panel contributing to the body or not (That will only
> > change in wicket 2). The webmarkupcontainer however it usually
> > invisble, it delegates all events to his parent (the page).
>
> Okay.  I guess that makes sense; how often would people want to be
> messing directly with the body tag, anyway?  Always causing problems, I
> am.

That is ok. Don't stop challenging us.

>Could someone point me to where in the source code this happens?  I
> don't really know my way around Wicket internals yet, but I'd like to
> see this, and it's not in WebPage, which was my first guess.

BodyOnLoadHandler, BodyOnLoadResolver, BodyOnLoadContainer

> >                                                             The use
> > case where there is a wicket:id associated with the body is currently
> > not covered in the sources. Would you please open an RFI for it.
>
> I'm not quite sure what to put in an RFE here.

RFE: allow wicket:id on <body> tag which currently is not possible due
to wickets body onLoad handling.

>I don't particularly
> want to add a "wicket:id" to the body.  If there is a way to retrieve
> the MarkupContainer being used for the body so that I can add an
> AttributeModifier to it, that would solve my problem.  But I don't yet
> know if I already can do that.

You can. It is a component added to the page with id "_body". But it
is created at render time and hence is not available within your
constructor. So it become a bit tricky. Actually I would not advice
you to go that road. It is hacky and not acutally the "easy" wicket
way.

> >> My second question is whether there is an easy way to add or modify the
> >> "class" attribute (or the "id" attribute) of the BODY tag?

not sure there is. Can not think of any right now.