Whoops, my method should be getInput not getValue....Sorry.

Should be:

public String getInput() {
     String val = super.getInput();
     if (val != null && val.trim().equals(""))
           return null;

     return val;
}

On 11/26/05, Andrew Berman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
There are a bunch of ways to do it, but I think the easiest way is to override getInput() and return null if you do not want the model updated with this component's value.

For example,

public String getValue() {
     String val = super.getValue();
     if (val != null && val.trim().equals(""))
           return null;

     return val;
}

--Andrew