Igor,

thanks for your answer.

> as far as the models go, maybe what you can do is make a "detachable" model
> that instead of the identity keeps the index of the list. so when you call
> getobject() on it it will retrieve that object from the list by its index.

Unfortunately, this is not so straighforward. It was my first thought,
and I did implement it that way in a first attempt. But, as I said in
another post to this same thread, I had problem because storing the
index does not suffice because if the list model is changed by a call
to my "Delete banana" button, then I will have strange results if the
deletion does occur at any place but the last entry of my list.