I think such a component would be very implementation dependend, and
the dojo/scriptaculous components are probably a better way to go.
They have the backing power of useful javascript libraries and don't
suffer from a not invented here syndrome.

I think such a component would distract too much from our wicket core
responsibilities: create a focused framework. IMO the current ajax
implementation is already on the border: it provides needed
functionality to be able to pull off some very interesting automagic
partial page updates, but I don't want us going the scriptaculous/dojo
way.

Martijn

> it is not part of the core, so "preferred" way does not apply to it. it is
> just an implementation. if you like it go ahead and use it.
>
> i dont know if we will be providing an implementation as part of the core.
> depends on how complex the javascript needs to be to draw the drop down part
> and how cross browser it will be.
>
> -Igor
>

> On 2/13/06, Mats Norén <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I saw that there is an autocompleting TextField in the scriptaculous
> > examples at  wicket-stuff. Is this the prefered way of doing it in
> > 1.2? Or is it a behaviour one should use somehow?
> >
> > /Mats

Living a wicket life...

Martijn Dashorst - http://www.jroller.com/page/dashorst

Wicket 1.1.1 is out: http://wicket.sourceforge.net/wicket-1.1