2006/2/14, Martijn Dashorst <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
Frank,

There are several options. But by far the best one is use a plugin for
your IDE. NetBeans and IntelliJ IDEA both have very decent markup
editors, with tag completion. Eclipse has a couple of plugins of
varying quality. You might want to check out the WTP package.

Eclipse has a built in browser, but I tend not to use that, as it gets
in the way of editing the file. As I am rather fluent in HTML I
usually know what the final result looks like.

A very nice workflow is to start Wicket using Jetty launcher, an
Eclipse plugin, and run your application in development mode (in your
application constructor do: configure("development");
This will instruct Wicket to scan for resource updates and will reload
your markup as you change it and press the save button. If you run in
debug mode, Eclipse will try to hot swap the code as you change it in
your application. So you can update that behavior of the onclick
method of your button and links!

If you don't mind paying a minor fee, you could see if MyEclipse works for you.

I don't have other preferences. For basic editing stuff on a windows
box I use UltraEdit. Probably the best plain text editor around.

If you are looking for a free editor use PSPad.

Martijn

Dirk

--
Living a wicket life...