it doesnt matter how the post started, you have to read the entire thing.

first he said what the constructor refactor is

then he asked when we should do it.

there was never a question of /how/ the refactor will look.

furthermore, i asked gili not to post any discussion into /this/ thread. is that so difficult? i never told him not to discuss it, just not to do it here. if he wants to gain insight as to why we chose to do the refactor like we did, that is fine, but once again, not in this thread.

this is absolutely the last message i am posting about this. i have very little free time and so i do not want to waste other people's time on reading this because i know it sucks.

-Igor

On 2/16/06, Timo Stamm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Igor Vaynberg schrieb:
> first of all we have already decided that this is going to happen. there was
> a vote and it passed. this is what the original posting by martijn implied,
> he asked for /when/ not /how/.

Martijns post started with the following sentence (emphasis mine):

| We are of course very busy finalizing Wicket 1.2, and we /really/ hope
| to get it done soon. This will benefit everyone. So I want to take a
| look beyond 1.2 and try to *get some opinions on our roadmap*, and
| *adjust where appropiate*.

Where did he ask /when/ to make the changes? I can't find that question
in the entire original posting.

You are the committers, you have the best insight into wicket, you
receive the most user feedback and you are probably in the best position
to decide which changes are necessary. I don't want to question that.

But the original posting did seem like a request for discussion, so
people started a discussion. It's just a misunderstanding, and it
reconfirmes once again that one should be extra verbose in all
communications that are not face-to-face communication.

Timo