Greetings,

I have a form with 20 or so drop downs and I'm having a hard time with the model (conceptually). I just want to bind the contents of the value attribute for each <option> tag to my model, not the displayed value of the option tag. For example, say I want a drop down choice to be backed by an Integer (instance variable) in the model. How do I do this?

Right now, my choice list is a List of the same datatype as the instance variable in the model. For example, if my choice list was List<ChoiceNameValue>, my model object contains a ChoiceNameValue. However, all I really want to persist in the model is the value. Any ideas or am I missing something?

Thanks,
Jon