I agree with the inconvenience Jan has. I have an other example... I
was working on a slider this weekend, based on the Yahoo slider
javascript component. It would be nice to let this be a form component
that can participate in form validation, population, etc, but also to
use  markup with this form, including header contribution. Currently,
you either have to make the component a panel, and nest a form
component in that and let that pass any interesting events thu to the
parent, or you have to extend formcomponent and write a lot of
duplicate code - the code that's now in both Panel and
WebMarkupContainerWithAssociatedMarkup - yourself.

It would be nice if there was an easier/ more elegant way.

Eelco