Frank Silbermann schrieb:
But my "src" attribute to be modified _is_ in my HTML, as you can see
(value shown is "REPLACE_THIS.png").  The problem is that the existing
"src" attribute's value was not replaced.  What do I need to do
differently?

Use this constructor:

new AttributeModifier("src", true, new Model(pictureFile));
                             ^^^^

It's documented:

public AttributeModifier(java.lang.String attribute,
                         boolean addAttributeIfNotPresent,
                         IModel replaceModel)

Parameters:

  attribute - The attribute name to replace the value for
  addAttributeIfNotPresent - Whether to add the attribute if it is not
                             present
  replaceModel - The model to replace the value with

Timo