After switching to production mode, the problem does not seem to appear any more at first sight.
As the problem cannot be simulated by carrying out a specific action, but only occurs after a while,
I cannot confirm that it does not re-occur in production mode any more.
Again I have monitored file usage in production mode, and it seems that indeed at this moment,
the  wicket main jar file is not opened multiple times as in development mode.
Opposed to the main jar, the extension jar has a growing number of file handles.
Right now I cannot tell if this will make the problem re-occur.

I'll keep you posted on future experience.

Thank you for the advice!

Tom Desmet

"Johan Compagner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Verzonden door: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

11/04/2006 15:51

Antwoord a.u.b. aan
wicket-user@lists.sourceforge.net

Aan
wicket-user@lists.sourceforge.net
Cc
Onderwerp
Re: [Wicket-user] Wicket 2 (beta 3) and Resin 3.0.18 on SuSE 9.3 FileNotFoundException Too many open files

When you set it to deployment mode what happens then?

If you want markup polling to see changes do set the
public void setResourcePollFrequency(final Duration resourcePollFrequency)

to a higher number like 10 seconds..

johan