Only very little performance impact.

Wicket automatically creates a Link component for you and the
"disable" behavior is exactly the same as for for Links. And Links get
disabled if they point to the same page. If you don't want that
behavior, than you can not use autolinks. Just add standard normal
Links yourself and you have all the control over that link you want -
except it is not generated automatically.

Juergen