i dont see how this "spreads" the logic around. your navigation logic would be isolated in an object that will drive the flow and the steps are reusable panels.

i wrote a wizard framework for the company i work for, and we have been using it with great success. it is driven by a general workflow like engine, and the steps are panels we often reuse elsewhere.

-Igor

On 4/14/06, Timo Stamm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Eelco Hillenius schrieb:
> I can't speak for Igor - though we have talked about that too - but
> for my opion see e.g.
> http://www.theserverside.com/news/thread.tss?thread_id=39579#204913

Thanks for the link.

> mind you that Wicket allows for very fancy state optimizations as
> well.

Quoting from a response from Bruce Tate (taken from your link):

| check out Seaside's online store as an example of a wizard with
| continuations. It's a classic shopping cart. The code:
|
| go
|   | shipping billing creditCard |
|   cart _ WAStoreCart new.
|   self isolate:
|      [[self fillCart.
|     self confirmContentsOfCart]
|       whileFalse].
|
|   self isolate:
|      [shipping <- self getShippingAddress.
|       billing <- (self useAsBillingAddress: shipping)
|                     ifFalse: [self getBillingAddress]
|                     ifTrue: [shipping].
|     creditCard <- self getPaymentInfo.
|     self shipTo: shipping billTo: billing payWith: creditCard].
|
|   self displayConfirmation.

I like this a lot better than spreading the logic over several
components and handlers.

> So, I'm not pro continuations in Wicket at this point, except for the
> ajax optimization with Jetty, which will probably be implemented
> transparently.

I am not asking you to write it :) I just want to discuss the idea,
because I would like to know what benefit or problems/incompatibilities
other people see.

> Geert has done the extra effort
> of ensuring his continutation API can be used without RIFE

WebWork already has some support.

Timo

, so that's