i could just get the collection/clear it/fill it and then set it back with the same instance.
i guess that is fine.

johan

On 4/21/06, Dave <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Thanks Johan, that did the trick. However, that behaviour did change
since snapshot 20060302.

More on a philosophic note though, for all components I have used sofar,
when there is a Property-model backing those components, there are
getters and setters called to set or retrieve values into the model.
This even was the case for a ListMultipleChoice in snapshot 20060302
(okay, I will stop now ;)). No seriously, the ListMultipleChoice is now
the only exception to the rule (that I know of), and when it comes to
programming, I don't like Exceptions. Do you?

Maybe it is possible to set the updated Collection through a setter back
into the PropertyModel  using the setter that accepts a Collection of
the same type that was retrieved by the getter? You may argue that this
is unnecessary work, but (1) you get uniform behaviour between the
components that use PropertyModels and (2) as in my use-case, the
property is a derived property and my getter and setter perform a
conversion.

Best regards,

Dave