What is this going to do to speed/scalability?  This is for a shopping
cart and these images will be what the users see on the first (and
busiest) page of the app.

WebDynamicResource is new in the latest 1.2 releases
just a rename of DynamicByteArrayResource

just make a ResourceState (inner class of DynamicByteArrayResource)
and in getDate() you lazy load youre byte array from somewhere

johan