One thing that often gets overlooked is the wicket-examples
module/project, which is either available as a download
(http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=119783&package_id=138752)
or live at http://www.wicket-library.com/wicket-examples/, although
the live is based on the last major release, rather than the 1.2 at
the moment.  It's got working examples of all sorts of things,
though...

/Gwyn