I don't know the answer off-hand, but recognise the problem - You're
getting caught up in some issues involving logging, common-logging &
class-loading...  See http://www.qos.ch/logging/classloader.jsp for a
detailed discussion on the subject  - Good luck!

I think my quickest fix when I came across that was to switch to Jetty
6, as I think they've ditched clogging in that version!

/Gwyn