What we can do is put it in the wicket-contrib-examples project of
wicket-stuff, and I can give you access to wicket-stuff. I won't have
time to contribute to the beanpanel directly on a short term. And one
of the additional reasons for me removing beanpanel was that Jonathan
said he wanted to give it a try. But he never got to that.

Eelco

On 5/21/06, Dorel Vaida <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Eelco Hillenius wrote:
> It was, but I could never find enough time to finish it, and the
> longer it was in there, the less happy I was with the result.
>
> Were you using it? Sorry if removing it caused inconvenience, but it
> just wasn't finished.
I used it once, but planning to use it more. Can we find a way to get it
back into the repo somewhere, or is it already there ? , and share some
thoughts of what were you planning to do with it or what you didn't
like, cause I'm darn busy (to contribute quality code), but also I am
darn lazy :-D so I'd like sometimes not to have to resort to add(new
TextField("fistName")) and lazyness always comes first, so what I'm
trying to say is that I could contribute some code if you share what you
think we would need to do so it looks nice and be usable.

I have some ideas myself of what we could do to make it better e.g. I
modified the source code some time ago, somewhere at beta 4 maybe to  be
able to configure in a props file what properties of the model bean
should be visible and also in what order(this could be abstracted so
props file would be a choice, and be able to config it directly in code
for example or whatever). Combined with the ability to define an editor
for each displayed property (you were already doing that I suppose ?) I
think we can make the beanedit extra package something usable in a
certain range of situations.

50 milis of adrenaline, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 - Step aside - trtrrtrtrtrtrt -
Pulse to 50, Pulse to 60 - Beanedit is back again with us, good job :-))

Thanks.