You need _javascript_ to do that.  As far as I know Wicket has not built in functionality for what you want to do.  You should check this out for a pre-canned version of what you want: http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/treeview/check.html?mode=dist

Download the Yahoo UI Library and you should be good to go.  Otherwise, you'll need to write your own homegrown _javascript_ (which isn't hard).....