plenty of our unit tests are based on WicketTester and they are still
working properly.
The change is not with WicketTester but with RequestCycle and the
point in time it is available. May I suggest you check out the unit
tests (WicketTestCase).

Juergen

MyMockApplication is WicketTester btw
(
public class MyMockApplication extends WicketTester
{
        /**
         * Constructor.
         */