I you want to change the displayed string just put
<youFormId>.<yourDropDownChoiceId>.null=My null String
in your page's property file.

-Matej

Matej Knopp wrote:
Isn't your model object null? Try to set the model object to a different value, it should help.

-Matej

Dorel Vaida wrote:
When I reach with the selection in a combo box, to the first item in the list, wicket places a "Choose one" option as the first item in the combo. Am I doing something wrong or ... does anybody know how to avoid this ?