Personally, I've found that every example in wicket-examples has
always worked flawlessly for me.

Each Wicket "page" has an aptly-named html page that goes with
it...which acts as a template for the components you define in the
aptly-named class.

However, I think you're right, the Hello World example on the site is
still at 1.1!