On 12/07/06, Frank Silbermann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I suppose it could go into:
>
> Wicket Wiki
> // Reference Library
> //// How To Do Things in Wicket
> ////// Database Interaction
>
> -- though it would be much longer than any of the other articles (aside
> from those which are external links).  Also, how would I create the new
> page into which I could enter my text?  (Would I have to submit my words
> and code as HTML?  Embarassing to say, but I don't have much experience
> with this, or with Wikis ...)

Not a problem!  You'll need to create yourself an account on the wiki
if you've not done so already (top right of any wiki page), then use
either the "Edit" link at the top of the page or the "[Edit]" link at
the top-right of the section to go to edit mode, e.g. the "Database
Interaction" section of the "Reference Library" page.  Create a link
by adding a line such as

  * [[Reading from a Database|How to read from a database]]

which is a bulleted item (the "  *") which links to the "Reading from
a Database" page (although the link text itself is "How to read from a
database").  Names such as
  * [[DataView Notes]]
are fine, though.

One you save the page, you'll have a link while will take you to an
edit page to create your new page.  See
http://www.wicket-wiki.org.uk/wiki/index.php/Help:Editing for help on
editing, but don't worry about how long it is - you can always go back
and split it into multiple pages later on if you want.

A very short guide is:

== Header One ==
=== Header Two ===
==== Header Three ====
* Bullet list
** Bullet sub-list
# Numbered list
## Numbered sub-list
[[wikilink|linklabel]]
[externallink linklabel]
''Emphasize'', '''strongly'''. (italic & bold)
<tt>typewriter</tt>
Use <pre> and </pre> to surround code blocks - leading "  "s will do
it but then the block stops at the first empty line, so don't indent
normal text...

/Gwyn