Well, the problem has been that the use of the QS package has drifted
away from it's core 'requirement', which is to provide a basic Wicket
development environment in a single package, which should be usable
without needing any more/other downloads.

The idea of the Template package is to try & provide for what I see an
a use cases thats emerged since then, i.e. a base project for starting
projects, maybe for demoing problems among users in a position to use
Maven2 and network access.

As such, I think there's still a good case to be made for the original
QuickStart, while allowing the Wicket Template to cater for those who
don't need all the jars bundled.  (If someone wants to add an Ant
build.xml to Template then they're welcome to, but it'll need to
assume it's dependancies are present...)

/Gwyn