can you debug it a bit more?
Because that method should work fine. It just goes through all the parents of the Link looking if one of them is the container itself.
So can't see why that will go wrong.
Except of course if the link is somehow getting hold on to when it is displayed in a listview and that listview already had his ListItems regenerated.
So that current link doesn't have a parent anymore. (or the hierachy doesn't go through the page, you can see that in the toString() "<No Page>")

johan