cowwoc wrote:
>       I have similar questions. I generally perceive Apache as the place
> open-source projects go to die :) Let's just say I've never really been
> awe inspired by any of their stuff. As such is this a step forward or
> backward? SVN, Jira, Confluence sure are nice but keep in mind there are
> more than one way to gain access to them. In fact, as an open-source
> project Wicket is automatically entitled to free licenses, you don't
> need Apache for that.
>
>       Apache might be the right way to go, but I'd definitely like to hear
> more about the impacts it'll have on the future of the project. What new
> rules and regulations will Apache enforce on the Wicket release
> schedule, license, etc?

During incubation there are rules and regulations about releases
(particularly to do with marking them with the label 'incubating', but
also requiring a vote from the Incubator PMC).

After incubation is complete, the current wicket folks will create a PMC
(project management committee) and will be responsible themselves for
deciding their release schedule and voting upon it.

License restrictions: all code must be Apache License compatible. This
is for the benefit of end users, as that gives them maximum flexibility.
Otherwise, you can use stuff from wicket-stuff which will stay at
SourceForge and is a place where non ASL code can exist.

So, as I say, during incubation we can expect some pain and restriction.
Once graduated, the current Wicket devs will pretty much be in charge of
their destiny.

Does that answer your questions sufficiently?

Regards, Upayavira