Korbinian,

So we deliver a package that contains everything you need, including
documentation, and then you complain that it is not minimal? :-)

A servlet container suffices, so you can do in the quickstart project:
mvn package or ant war and the resulting war file (found in the target
directory) can be put into your tomcat or jetty server.

Quickstart contains everything you need to get started. If you'd
rather start without all that help, then remove everything you don't
need. Or start with qwicket (http://qwicket.sf.net).

The docs are not available as a pdf.

Martijn

On 8/3/06, Korbinian Bachl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i stumbled over Wicket some time ago and now have time to have a more close
> look on it. Therefore i have some questions.
>
> 1. I wantet to get a "Hello World app" working, however, i failed in finding
> out what is "really" necessary, to do it. I tried the Quickstart (Eclipse)
> example, but there seems many unneeded things in it, too (jetty, many docs
> etc), so i wondered if there is a , well basic, empty skelleton-app with
> just 1 page and no gimmicks around.
>
> 2. On the wicket page i read: "an appserver is needed", however, i saw that
> the Quickstart itself only has jetty included and wondered why wicket needs
> an appserver and not only a caontainer like tomcat will do it.
>
> 3. is the Wicket Doc available as a pdf anywhere ?
>
> Reagrds and Thanks for answers,
>
> Korbinian

Download Wicket 1.2.1 now! Embed Wicket components in your portals!
-- http://wicketframework.org