The core team members are currently too busy for writing another
example application. It would be great if someone would take the
initiative to write such an example. We'd be happy to provide access
to wicket-stuff for that.

Besides the whole OO thing, one of my favorite things in Wicket,
something I benefitted from daily in the projects I've done with
Wicket is how easy it is to create custom components. It can be done
in some other frameworks, but not as easy as just extend the class,
swap panels, etc. Especially when you make flexible software, this is
something that helps you out a lot.

Eelco