How are you retrieving the data?
(hibernate beans are just data-containers, wich are persistent in the database)

Von: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Im Auftrag von Nino Wael
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 17. August 2006 10:55
An: wicket-user@lists.sourceforge.net
Betreff: [Wicket-user] Wicket 1.2 and Hibernate 3 slow

Hi

I have some pages where I use Hibernate beans to hold the contents of my wicket componts, for example if I have a listbox then each dataItem is a Hibernate bean. There seem to be a performance problem with this when I have postbacks to the page, when using AJAX it does not seem to be a problem. Further more it does not seem to have anything to do with my wicket code(might be the way I’ve designed my wicket page(conceptually) though).

I have a kind of feeling that wicket on postbacks goes through all components and their childs, and sniffs them?

When testing without using hibernate the performance issue are gone. I guess a way to fix the issue is to instantiate POJO’s from the hibernate beans to ensure that no hibernate listeners or whatever they use aren’t transferred to GUI.

Whats your 2 cents on this?

Regards Nino