I agree completly. Bringing it to ibiblio would mean to set up jet
another continuing process of deployment for someone of the wicket team.

To make the move towards wicket a little easier I just added patch.
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1541969&group_id=134391&atid=730670

Have fun,

Martin