I guess I might know what's causing it. It's not the header contribution
code. It's the initialization code.

the thing is that prior 1.2.2 no javascript in the
<component></component> was executed. When setting outerhtml in Internet
explorer the javascript in the outer html is not executed. This is also
true for opera.

In 1.2.2 there is a workaround so that the javascript is executed. This
might cause the calendar initialized twice (or more) for same control.
Which could cause the deadlock. So the solution might be to make the
initializing javascript check whether it was already initialized for
given component or not.

Other than this, I don't know what could be causing this behavior.

-Matej