That probably has to do with the fact that the datepicker component
was build on top of jscalendar, which is not maintained by Wicket's
team. By now we acknowledge that many times it is actually a good idea
to re-invent the wheel instead of building on such components... the
problems we have with that jscalendar bastard...

Anyway, if you have a patch for fixing this problem, we'd be happy to apply.

Eelco