Hi Matej,

Here is a quickstart showing the two problems I have encountered.

1) The following configuration is mandatory if you use the french language with IE6 :

getRequestCycleSettings().setResponseRequestEncoding("ISO-8859-1");

Unless you use this, IE6 reports a Javascript error because the french script with the monthes names reports an unterminated string for every name containing accented characters. This problem does not occur with FF.

2) Anyway, the datePicker does not work in FF nor IE6. In IE6, it will work only if the page is entirely loaded. If it is in a component loaded through Ajax, it does not work (the setup script is not executed)

In Firefox, it does not work either unless the script has previously been executed. You can see this by uncommenting the datePicker in the first tab, so it is loaded with the page. That way, it will work in the two tabs. (In IE6, it will work only in the first tab).

(I have removed the jars in the lib directory to reduce the size of the zip - I also changed the extension since zip is blocked by the list server)

Pierre-Yves

Matej Knopp a écrit :
Can you provide a test case? Or quick start project? I haven't encountered this behavior. I'd like to look at it but I'd need to reproduce it.

-Matej

Pierre-Yves Saumont wrote:
It appears that under some conditions, the script associated with the date picker in the HTML is not executed when the HTML is loaded through Ajax. So Calendar.setup never get called.

I could not figure what those secific conditions are. (In a simple use case, it works without problem.) Any idea where to look for?

Pierre-Yves

Pierre-Yves Saumont a écrit :
 > Just don't use an ajax link to switch the locale. That's not a super
 > idea anyway, as you would typically want the the whole page, with all
 > it's markup etc to reload. Change the switch locale link to a normal
 > link and all should be good.

One use case is the need to have the page in ono language and teh datePicker in another one. Another use case could be to have to datePicker in the same page with different languages.

Anyway, I figured a way to achieve this, but it was just to realize that it appears that the datePicker can't work anyway in a component that is updated through Ajax.

I have an Ajax tabbed panel with one tab containing a datePicker. If I swith to another tab and switch back, the datePicker won't work anymore in IE6 unless the page is reloaded. (No error displayed, just you click on the icon and nothing happens. It works fine in FF, of course)

Any suggestion ?

Pierre-Yves

Eelco Hillenius a écrit :
Can somebody tell me how to use setStyle() with a DatePicker
settings.setStyle(settings.newStyleGreen());

or (completely custom style)

settings.setStyle(new PackageResourceReference(MyDatePicker.class,
"myStyle.css"));

DatePickerSettings datePickerSetting = new DatePickerSettings();
datePickerSetting.setAlign("cr");
add(new DatePicker("dateFieldPicker", dateField, datePickerSetting));
but this does not work. With this configuration, when I click on the
icon, the DatePicker is not displayed. If I remove the second line, it
works.
No idea. Please take a look at what jscalendar does/ expects, as many
fields are just a means to pass values through to that components.
Read about jscalendar here: http://www.dynarch.com/projects/calendar/

Another problem is to configure the DatePicker in a page which locale is
switched through an Ajax link. Although the component containing the
DatePicker receives the response, the locale of the DatePicker is not
changed. I have to reload the teh page to get it work. Is there a
solution to have the DatePicker refreshed so its locale is changed ?
Just don't use an ajax link to switch the locale. That's not a super
idea anyway, as you would typically want the the whole page, with all
it's markup etc to reload. Change the switch locale link to a normal
link and all should be good.

Eelco

------------------------------------------------------------------------- Using Tomcat but need to do more? Need to support web services, security? Get stuff done quickly with pre-integrated technology to make your job easier Download IBM WebSphere Application Server v.1.0.1 based on Apache Geronimo