Hi Geoff,

you write:
> I am loving the way Shades works with Wicket. I think the
> Serializable DatabaseSession in Shades could provide some
> significant performance improvements for Wicket applications
> beyond what is possible with JDO apps, because of the fact
> that the jdo PersistenceManager is not serializable (thus
> forcing queries by ID when sessions are deserialized).

i havent had to do anything with JDO, but the case you are writing seems as
a design question for me.
Serializible DatabaseSession... wouldnt this drive the DB out of connections
in high volume deployments?
or are you meaning with this that you still use a ConnectionFactory or
PoolingFactory or sth like that and only hold references to this???
If not, then a single google-dance could take out your whole webapp...

However, im really interested in seeing your code :)

Best Regards

Korbinian

PS:are you thinking about a JPA interface for shades? - another competitor
would be nice..