I think I would do kind of the same if I understand you correctly. An
attribute modifier could do find(Form.class) on the component it is
attached to, and then figure out the components it should include in
the check. I would make a separate Javascript function in a separate
file that would be included in the header, and call that function from
the attribute modifier(s).

I would avoid any roundtrips. You could create a var for each field
that should be checked, and initialize those vars via another, dynamic
header contribution. Just make sure they are scoped properly, and that
you do that only once, even if you have multiple instances of that
check in place. Those vars can then be used for comparison with the
current field values in the first function.

Eelco