I'm sorry I didn't understand that.  Probably that my brain decided to get stupid yesterday afternoon.  I had made some test on something last week and was thinking that the onAttach method was not called when the refresh button in the browser was click.

Now everything is fine.  Sorry for the unclear question.

Marc

On 10/10/06, Matej Knopp <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:
Marc-Andre Houle wrote:
> It is a matter of interogation I have and not directly related to a problem.
> While trying to find a good solution about the problem described there
> <http://www.nabble.com/Refreshing-problem-with-ajax-component-tf2388856.html >
> , I begin to try to figure what is happening when the user press
> refresh.  I have checked the page about the wicket life-cycle
> < http://www.wicket-wiki.org.uk/wiki/index.php/Lifecycle> in the wiki,
> but it does not help me.

What does it mean refresh of the page? Does it means to get a page with
non-bookmarkable url? (e.g . wicket:interface=:3::)

If this is a case, what wicket does is that it attaches all components
(which in turn attach their models) and renders the page.

Ajax call only attaches the component it interacts with and the
components that are going to render (not the whole page).

> What happen when a refresh of the page happen?  Is wicket suppose to
> call onAttach again on every component?  When using ajax thing, like
> tree or tab panel, how the page know where to reload what.  I mean, the
> tab was changed using ajax call, the data is not stored somewhere. If
> you reload completly the page (like clicking on the link of the page
> where you are), it will not remember.  What is the big difference.  From
> all my last and not big experience with web development, refresh =
> another http "GET" is dumbly made and that's it.  But it seem's I am wrong.
refresh = another http "GET", nothing wrong in it.
Except for when you press back button, the page is retrieved from
browser cache, but that doesn't seem to be your case.