When I add a component via ajax that contributes _javascript_ to be executed (like the AutoCompleteTextField from wicket-extensions) the _javascript_ is executed before the component elements are added to the page in Firefox ( 1.5.0.7).  The same code works correctly in Safari, Opera, and IE7 (I haven't tests 6.x).

In the case of the AutoCompleteTextField (which adds _javascript_ through the AbstractAutoCompleteBehavior), the _javascript_:

new Wicket.Ajax.AutoComplete('<id> ', '<callbackUrl>');

gets executed before the control is added to the page, so an element with the specified id cannot be found and the autocomplete functionality isn't added to the control.

Here is a quickstart application that demonstrates the problem:
http://www.granfalloon.com/~caleb/wicket-quickstart.zip

if I alter AbstractAutoCompleteBehavior to execute the _javascript_ in a setTimeout() then everything work correctly in Firefox.
--
Caleb Land
([EMAIL PROTECTED])