Thanks again, it was exactly what I was searching for.  Just for the records, for people like me that like to search in historic and found good answer, I will just tell to place the script outside of the <head> tag.  If putting it into the head, it wicket-ajax.js will be loaded after your script and it will fail.  But elsewhere, everything works as expected.

Thansk again.

Marc

there is really nothing to it

somewhere in body have

and before your body tag have
<script>
Wicket.Ajax.registerPreCallHandler(function() { document.getElementById("ajaxindicaotor").styles.display=""; }

Wicket.Ajax.registerPostCallHandler(function() { document.getElementById("ajaxindicaotor").styles.display="none"; }

-Igor