in 2.0 all pages will be stored on the hd as long as the session is alive so the homepage will be always there
But are you saying that the users goes back 5 pages? Because that is currently the default threshold of the pages that are kept in the page ( 1.2)

In 2.0 you could use a stateless link that will construct the page again when not found and then call the onClick method. But in 1.2 if the page is gone
it is gone and an interface call can not reconstruct it.

if you really want to hack then you could hold your homepage in your session
what you could do is touch the homepage when a request comes in for that homepage... in for example in your own RequestCycle.attach()
But that would be pretty hacky

johan