just added the jira component so you can file the issue

-Igor

On 10/26/06, Erik van Oosten <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:
Hi,

I was just looking at the issue tracker at
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET to submit a change request
for wicket-auth-roles. However I do not see under which project it
should be put. In fact I can not find wicket-auth-roles on
http://wicketframework.org at all!

My idea is to change InstantiationPermissions#authorizedRoles to:
    // TODO: make java 5 code by inserting generics again
    public Roles authorizedRoles(final Class componentClass) {
        if (componentClass == null) {
            throw new IllegalArgumentException("Argument componentClass
cannot be null");
        }

        Class c = componentClass;
        while (Component.class.isAssignableFrom (c) &&
!rolesForComponentClass.containsKey(c)) {
            c = c.getSuperclass();
        }
        return (Roles) rolesForComponentClass.get(c);
    }

This way you can define authorization rules on base classes and all
sub-classes will automatically inherit these authorization rules. It is
easy to override this by explicitly adding authorization rules for a
subclass.

Regards,
      Erik.

--