I'm new with wicket and started a vanilla project.  I created my application
class which extends WebApplication and defined a home page called Home.java
(and Home.html).

When I nav to the root of the app, it successfully takes me to the home
page.
But the app loads that page twice.  I am determining this because
in the constructor I am logging the value of getId().

In debug mode, first time through getId() = 0, and 2nd time through
getId() = 1.

I want to think I misconfigured something (like page pool size or
something),
but the only configuration I've done is the web.xml, which I mimiced from
one of the wicket-examples projects I looked at.

I've googled a bit and can't find anything quite like mine.

I'm running this with both merve tomcat (5.5.17) and jetty launcher.
Same behavior from both of these.

Any suggestions on where to look would be appreciated.