Please first debug why it adds 2 times that path.
that is just strange.

What is for example your fix? What do you do then?

johan

On 10/30/06, Benjamin Podszun <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi there.

I'd like to vote/ask for the change in my subject:

WebRequestCodingStrategy.urlPrefix() should be non-final.

It would help me a lot in my current setup. For all those that are
interested in the background story:

I'm running wicket in an OSGI environment which provides the OSGI http
bundle/service. I can registerServlet("/path", myservlet), but I cannot
explicitly specify a context.
At first I registered the wicket app at /somePath - but that doesn't
work out too well, because all relative links are mangled to include a
leading / by wicket, so "image/some.gif" ends up as "/image/some.gif".
This means that the setup given above only works if I register a static
file handler at / - which I'd love not to do.

Trying to trick wicket into understanding my setup involved mounting the
wicket servlet at /somePath/app and the static file handler at
/somePath/. This failed again, because all files still had the wrong
prefix and ended up at /. Using
getApplicationSettings().setContextPath("/somePath") seemed to work: All
static files are now prepended with "/somePath" and work. Unfortunately
dynamic resources won't work anymore. The links to a dynamic image
resource are now /somePath/somePath/app?wicket:interface...
Basically the /somePath/ is twice in there and I tracked the problem
back to the aforementioned urlPrefix method, which computes and caches
the prefix for resources as getApplicationSettings().getContextPath()
and request.getServletPath() - the former is now set to "/somePath" for
me, the latter evaluates to "/somePath/app".
I could "fix" that rather easily by extending WebRequestCodingStrategy
and overriding urlPrefix(..), but since that method is final I'd need to
copy the complete implementation. Which is error-prone again.

So - is there any reason why this method has to be final?

Regards,
Ben