I prefer not to synchronize it on the server side.
The thing that bothers me is that there is no way to add JS code to the
onclick event of the submit button, therefore i am using forms onsubmit
event for disabling the button.
by the way, is there any built in mechanism in wicket for locking the
entire page?

Regards,
Tomer