Excellent.  We're beginning our big new public web app in the next
month or so and there have been questions about stateless options in
Wicket.  It will eventually be a complete rewrite of the web layer for
www.vegas.com.  We're considering Wicket & Facelets (i.e. JSF).

We can get (nearly) valid html out of Facelets by translating all of
the taglib soup to html with their jsfc tag.  I.e.

<a:foo this="that">stuff</a:foo>

becomes

But this still means that you're writing taglib-centric markup, you're
just hiding it behind jsfc="my:tag" -- ugh.

Cheers,
Scott

> Yes the stateless things are almost in 1.3. I need to finish it up a bit
> more.
>
> I don't know about the final of 1.3 but i guess we can have a beta of 1.3
> pretty soon.
>
> johan
>

>  On 11/10/06, Scott Swank <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Will Wicket 1.3 have the full stateless functionality of 2.0?  If not,
> > what significant features will be unavailable in 1.3?  And is there
> > any sort of a release timeframe for 1.3?
> >
> > Many thanks,
> > Scott
> >
> > --
> > Scott Swank
> > reformed mathematician

Scott Swank
reformed mathematician

Power is not a means, it is an end. One does not establish a
dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the
revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of
persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The
object of power is power.  -- George Orwell, 1984