Yeah. There are just multiple problems with URL based authorization.
It works fine for document-oriented sites, but how long ago was it
when we were building those :)

Take for example the use case that you want to hide a panel - but show
the rest of the page - when a user is not authorized for that panel.
This is very easy to do with Wicket, either by building it in in the
component, or by using an authorization strategy. An URL based
approach doesn't help you here. And URL approach basically forces you
to bring everything back to the URL level, including your refactoring
options etc.

But... like said before, it can be done if you really want it, by
using page mounting or even a custom IRequestCodingStrategy and some
smart thinking. Just don't expect it to be pretty :)

Eelco